Sharnita is a Registered Mental Health Counselor Intern with the State of Florida. She received her Master of Science in Counseling Psychology at Palm Beach Atlantic University in 2012 and a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Theology at Lee University in 2009. With 7 plus years in the mental health field, Sharnita has a passion for helping families and has an expansive history working with trauma survivors, stabilizing families and the criminal justice system providing therapeutic services to adolescents with co-occurring disorders. Clinically, she specializes in trauma (sexual, PTSD, abandonment, human trafficking) anxiety, depression, and spectrum disorders. She believes that how we think ultimately effects our mental and emotional state and overall quality of life and behaviors. Sharnita provides individual and family counseling. Most importantly, Sharnita believes self-love is impacted by self-care, self-awareness, and self-esteem.
Sharnita specializes in the following areas working with children, teens, adults, and families:
- General Mental Health (stress, anxiety, depression, self-esteem, etc.)
- Trauma (sexual, PTSD, abandonment, human trafficking)
- Parenting and Family Conflict
- Relationship issues (Conflict resolution, communication, etc.)
- Teen/Tween issues
- Parents of children with special needs (Spectrum Disorders)
- Spirituality concernsSharnita is self-pay only and currently accepting new clients in our Port Saint Lucie location.